Summer is For Families
Summer is just around the corner. The kids are crazy because the final bell sounds to mark the beginning of summer. For parents summer can mean many things. More clutter in the house, later bed times, finding activities, and maybe refrigerators in food crisis. But summer can be a great time of year to mark the spiritual life of your family. As a family we invite you to not let your guard down this summer. Instead, be intentional about the spiritual education in your home.
That’s why we suggest that you:
- Continue to pray for your family and have quiet time at home for at least one night a week (family night). Remember that although your family is on vacation, God never goes on vacation.
- Choose a service project where your family can serve during the summer. Teaching kids that were created to serve.
- Make guidelines for the use of electronics. Help your kids to not be connected to the TV, video games or Internet all day. Monitor video games, TV programs and Internet content.
- Prepare your “summer bucket list”. As a family create a list of things you would like to do this summer.
- Remember that while camps, VBS, and day programs are fun it is always more fun to spend time together as a family.
Hopefully 2014 will be a great summer and the memories that are made this summer in your family will be remembered for many years.
For the Spanish version click here.